Section 1. In keeping with the aim of the Library to provide facilities for its employees which are adequate and conducive to the performance of its mission, the Library will make every reasonable effort to provide the facilities needed.
Section 2. The Guild shall be given the opportunity to be present at any meeting between management and employees involved during the course of the relocation according to provisions of Article 5 (Guild Rights).
Section 3. Information Sharing
- In accordance with Article 8 (Midterm Bargaining), Section 3 of this Agreement, the Library shall make the following information available to the Guild:
- the reason for the impending action;
- . the contemplated area of relocation and plan reviewed by Facility Design and Construction;
- the contemplated date of relocation; and
- the names of the employees affected.
- Should the Guild require additional information regarding the relocation, the Guild will specify in writing the information needed and why it is necessary, including the uses to which the Guild will put the information, and the connection between those uses and the Guild's representational responsibilities.
Section 4. The Parties will meet, consult, and bargain over the impact and implementation of relocations. Such bargaining shall be without regard to the withdrawal of specific proposals during term negotiations, since the Parties agree that no rights were thereby waived.
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. SE
Washington, D.C. 20540